Different DWI Types in Texas
There are more than 90,000 individual DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) arrest cases every year in the state of Texas. Men, women and underage drivers all make up the arrestees; DWIs are commonly referred to as DUIs (Driving Under the Influence). When a person is stopped and arrested for a DWI, it refers to the influence of alcohol as well as any controlled substances or illicit drugs which impair driving.
In reference from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Texas is rated as one of the top states for alcohol and drug related fatalities involving a motor vehicle.
Georgetown DWI Defense
Alcohol related collisions can do incredible amounts of property damage as well as personal damage to people’s lives. The local Georgetown law enforcement and Texas State Penal Code take drunk driving very serious and apply strict punishment to anyone arrested for it. In the Texas State Penal Code there are several types of DWI’s, including the following:
- First Offense DWI – This refers to an individual driving impaired.
- Second Offense DWI – These always will incur more severe penalties.
- 3rd Offense or Subsequent DWIs – A third conviction could bring with it prison time and other serious punishments.
- DWI With a Child Present in the Car – These are considered to be the worst and judges will deliver strict punishment for a DWI of this nature.
Other Factors to Consider
It’s important to note that just because a person is arrested for a DWI in the state of Texas it doesn’t mean they are convicted. There are several defenses which can be had in the process of fighting a DUI case which can be given for your benefit. Some of these defense measures specifics include:
- Violation of Your Constitutional Rights
- Improbable cause for the Pull Over
- Bad Procedures During the Investigation
Because of each of these crucial factors it’s important to have all your options reviewed by a professional lawyer regardless of what the exact offense was. The attorney’s at Kathy Holton Law Offices are ready to represent you in a professional, confident, and experienced way for all DWI cases whether felony or misdemeanor.
Each of the penalties is applied for the various DWI cases are dependent on several circumstances. Extreme accounts of intoxication will always incur heftier penalties, and any were injuries or death are sustained will take on the highest levels of punishment. All penalties are determined by the court and their final decision.
Why Kathy Holton Law?
Kathy Holton’s long experience and history for handling a variety of DWI cases in the state of Texas have given her the unique ability to view cases from multiple perspectives, which have in turn increased her prowess as legal counsel to give you the highest level or representation.
At The Law Office of Kathy Holton You Get:
- A determined DWI lawyer who is reliable with considerable experience
- Defensive methods from a former prosecutor who has time in the prosecution seat
- Skilled and professional handling of your Texas DWI case
- Incredible legal assistance and guidance from a comprehensive investigation that will last until the case is decided
- Quality track record of giving the best representation